Freitag, 7. August 2026

After half a lifetime, I'm back

How do I start writing again after such a long time? A lot has changed in my life, and I had to focus on the important things—but eventually, my passion for blogging was reawakened. I'm writing in English now—I hope native speakers will forgive me if it doesn't sound very fluent—but for me, it's a way to improve my skills in the language. I took a new job, moved, bought a house, and did a lot of other things. Above all, though, I’ve radically changed my investment philosophy—I now have a fixed monthly savings amount and have been investing in the stock market again since November 2019.It was important to me to stop focusing on so many little things and instead concentrate solely on my portfolio—protecting it and letting it grow. It was a very good time in the market, despite the COVID-19 crisis and the war in Ukraine, and my portfolio performed accordingly. It has now reached a quite substantial size, and I’m no longer a small investor—I’m playing in the lower mid-tier now :-) . Here is my newly restructured portfolio, which will have been active for exactly six years in November. I’ll discuss some of the individual stocks in the portfolio in a later post. The monthly change in euros is, of course, not zero, but since this is my first post, I'll use that as a starting point.
Stock ISIN Buy (€) Price (€) Qty Value (€) MoM (€)
Grupo Mexico S.A.B. de C.V. MXP370841019 3.92 11.11 2000 22232.00 0
VANGUARD SP 500 UCITS ETF IE00B3XXRP09 79.33 126.78 161.5 20481.42 0
Microsoft Corp. US5949181045 348.34 433.35 31 13433.85 0
Alphabet A US02079K3059 175.49 307.20 40 12288.00 0
JPMorgan Chase & Co. US46625H1005 141.30 306.25 39 11943.75 0
iShares Core MSCI World ETF IE00B4L5Y983 79.07 128.36 77.1 9896.56 0
Union Pacific Corp. US9078181081 201.10 254.15 36 9149.40 0
WisdomTree Global Quality Dividend ETF IE00BZ56RN96 27.46 36.93 232.5 8586.23 0
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. B US0846707026 329.40 450.75 14 6310.50 0
Allianz DE0008404005 230.96 437.20 12 5246.40 0
Imperial Brands plc GB0004544929 21.59 32.64 115.1 3756.86 0
Bank of America Corp. US0605051046 27.67 54.32 68 3693.76 0
Sumitomo Mitsui Inc. (SMFG) JP3890350006 12.66 37.21 99 3683.79 0
VanEck Developed Markets ETF NL0011683594 54.81 55.30 55.7 3080.21 0
DHL Group DE0005552004 43.25 55.72 55 3064.60 0
Chevron Corp. US1667641005 131.82 161.64 17 2743.80 0
Cisco Inc. US17275R1023 44.15 104.10 25 2602.50 0
Cal-Maine Foods Inc. US1280302027 72.32 73.26 31.8 2329.66 0
Ahold Delhaize NL0011794037 30.74 33.27 69 2295.63 0
Itochu Corp. JP3143600009 3.54 11.07 177 1959.39 0
American Express Co. US0258161092 257.67 294.65 6 1767.90 0
ONEOK Inc US6826801036 61.40 75.69 23 1740.87 0
Rio Tinto plc GB0007188757 61.73 87.84 19 1668.96 0
California Water Service Group US1307881029 41.75 43.20 37 1598.40 0
Waste Management Inc. US94106L1098 206.02 198.98 7 1392.86 0
VANGUARD FTSE Japan UCITS ETF IE00B95PGT31 30.17 45.44 29.6 1345.02 0
Colgate-Palmolive Co. US1941621039 71.34 80.13 15 1201.95 0
Amphenol Corp. US0320951017 122.58 145.38 7.4 1075.81 0
Iluka Resources Ltd. AU000000ILU1 4.10 4.38 241.1 1056.01 0
Duke Energy Corp US26441C2044 107.27 107.60 9 968.40 0
WisdomTree Physical Gold ETC JE00BN2CJ301 341.40 373.14 2.3 858.22 0
Deutsche Telekom AG DE0005557508 29.51 29.01 30.3 879.00 0
WisdomTree Physical Silver ETC JE00BQRFDY49 47.07 54.75 12 657.00 0
Astroscale Holdings JP3119820003 5.46 6.60 86 567.60 0
Heidelberg Materials DE0006047004 185.01 160.45 2.7 433.21 0
Total Sum 0.00 0.00
I'm currently setting aside €775 each month for the following securities. I can't afford more right now, but that's still a decent chunk of change. Here are my investments for August 2026, which are already included in the table above. The last two positions still show zero shares, as the savings plans for these will not be executed until the end of the month.
Stock ISIN Monthly Investment (€) Acquired Shares
iShares Core MSCI World ETF IE00B4L5Y983 100.00 0.779
VANGUARD SP 500 UCITS ETF IE00B3XXRP09 100.00 0.787
WisdomTree Global Quality Dividend ETF IE00BZ56RN96 100.00 2.706
WisdomTree Physical Gold ETC JE00BN2CJ301 50.00 0.135
WisdomTree Physical Silver ETC JE00BQRFDY49 50.00 0.938
VANGUARD FTSE Japan UCITS ETF IE00B95PGT31 50.00 1.108
Heidelberg Materials DE0006047004 50.00 0.305
Deutsche Telekom AG DE0005557508 25.00 0.853
Amphenol Corp. US0320951017 100.00 0.332
Iluka Resources Ltd. AU000000ILU1 50.00 12.051
VanEck Developed Markets ETF NL0011683594 50.00 0.00
L & G Global Quality Dividends ETF IE0005AJA0P1 50.00 0.00
Total Monthly Investment 0.00 -
It truly feels Surreal to be hitting "Publish" again after 11 long years of silence on this blog. So much has changed since then, but coming back to this space feels like coming home—only with a clearer mind, a stronger strategy, and a portfolio I’m proud to share. Looking ahead to the coming month, the global markets remain a fascinating, if somewhat volatile, playground. Between shifting central bank policy rate trajectories in the US and Europe, ongoing geopolitical tensions, and dynamic shifts across international markets, we are bound to see some turbulence. But as long-term investors, we know that short-term market noise is just background music to a solid savings strategy. I’m genuinely excited to document this journey here once again, step by step, and I’m so glad to have you along for the ride. See you in the next update!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen