Kleinvieh macht auch Mist oder 'a Penny saved is a Penny earned' ist das Motto dieses Blogs. Es soll gezeigt werden wie man mit einem geringen Startkapital ein Portfolio aufbaut und erweitert. Dabei werden auch durchaus unkonventionelle Werte Bestandteil des Depots sein... . Alles hier erfolgt aus der Perspektive eines Kleinanlegers, der halt mal Fehler macht aber zu den Entscheidungen dahinter steht :-)
Mittwoch, 12. August 2026
An emergency fund or a contingency fund
I once saw an interesting video on YouTube about investing. The main point it made was, in a nutshell, that before you even start investing, you should first pay off your debts (particularly consumer loans, credit cards, etc.) and then start building up a solid emergency fund. All of this should happen before you even think of investing a single, hard-earned euro in shares or ETFs. The target figure given here was 10,000 dollars, which I have now converted into euros for the sake of simplicity. As I am currently 100 per cent invested and do not have an emergency fund, I have decided to build one up. At the moment, I have €55.84 to get started – which is half a per cent of the target amount.
At the moment, the whole thing looks like this – and, unfortunately, it’s still looking a bit sad.
To build up my savings a bit faster, I’ve decided to set aside €50 a month for my emergency fund. On top of that – because of my long train journeys to work – I take part in paid online surveys. These ‘polls’ also bring in a bit of money, which I plan to put into my emergency fund. However, this money comes in quite irregularly.The emergency fund is actually meant to be the third pillar itself – I’ve decided to invest the whole amount in a money market ETF, specifically one that pays out dividends. The interest will then be reinvested until the target amount of €10,000 is reached. I’ve chosen this money market ETF. The dividends and the occasional survey rewards are reinvested as soon as €50 has been accumulated.
It might take a while, but starting is half the battle. How did you build up your emergency fund, and where do you keep yours?
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen